Pages

Monday 29 February 2016

Leo comes out on top

After years and years of waiting, Leonardo DiCaprio has finally claimed his first Oscar for his role in the 2015 film The Renevant. 

Personally, I've never been much of a big Leo fan, which is a bit odd considering how big of a film buff I am. My favorite film I have seen him in would have to be Gangs of New York, where he costarred with Daniel Day Lewis, the man, the myth, the legend. I felt that Leo may have been robbed of an Oscar there, although I did enjoy Lewis' role more.

Aside from that film, and The Departed, I've always thought Leo played the same playboy rich guy role (The Great Gatsby, Romeo and Juliet, The Wolf on Wall Street). Inception was a pleasant surprise. However, I hardly thought his role in that was Oscar worthy.

With that being said, a few mates of mine convinced me to do some digging. I recently watched What's eating Gilbert Grape, and The Aviator. I was blown away by his performance in both of those (Shutter Island was also a great film of his by the way). After watching those two films I looked at Leo as a different actor. I highly recommend watching those.

Furthermore, his latest role in The Renevant, was also mesmerizing to witness on the big screen. I look forward to seeing him in more films, and I'm sure I speak for everyone that has seen most of his films, that it is about he added one of those shiny metal men to his shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment