Pages

Saturday 19 March 2016

I miss Mexican restaurants

One thing in particular about the UK irritates me. While there are burrito places here, I've yet to find a "proper" Mexican restaurant.

In the United States, Mexican restaurants are everywhere. The food is great and the prices are cheap. It always satisfies your hunger as well.

Normally when you are seated you are given corn chips with salsa, refilled as needed (complimentary with a food order). They always have a combo option that normally includes a main dish (chili relleno, burrito, enchiladas) accompanied with a couple side dishes (normally rice and refried beans).

While I absolutely love Italian, Thai and Chinese food (especially Chinese buffets) not one can satisfy my craving for some tasty Latino meat.

I love chili rellenos and burritos the most. I can eat quite a bit in one sitting for my size, so the fact that they normally serve bigger portions than other places is quite nice as well.

Granted, in all of the UK, I have yet to discover one like in the US that offers the same experience.

I will personally treat the first person that shows me where I can find a place like this with a nice Mexican meal.

2 comments:

  1. Amen again scott. You are channeling my thoughts. Mexican restaurants aren't everywhere but any place Mexicans live and work they will have a restaurant, if only for therm. There's of course no lack of therm in Las vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen again scott. You are channeling my thoughts. Mexican restaurants aren't everywhere but any place Mexicans live and work they will have a restaurant, if only for therm. There's of course no lack of therm in Las vegas.

    ReplyDelete